From: Sean Heskett
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2015 10:37 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Alpha wireless omni

Friends don't let friends use omnis ;)

On Saturday, August 1, 2015, Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:

  Does anyone know if the KPP dual slant omni is an Alpha AW3089 or a knockoff?
 And has anyone used either of them?

  My experience with 5 GHz dual pol omnis has been disappointing, I'm wondering
if these bigger, more expensive omnis deliver better performance.

  11 dBi isn't much if you can lose 3-5 dB at certain azimuths, another few dB
depending on frequency, and another 3 dB at zero elevation due to 4 degrees
electrical downtilt with an 8 degree beamwidth.

  For $600+ and 6 inches diameter, I'd expect it to wash and wax my car.