I have not seen a good, cheap one. For ticketing, I've used a lot of things starting from super expensive Remedy ticketing (way overkill) to free, like RT (too complicated for most people, IMO.)

ZenDesk is good, I used SmarterTrack for a while at Powercode and it worked pretty well for what we needed. I think you're probably better off just slotting a separate inventory system in alongside it, but the lack of customer integration is painful. However, if they both have an API, this is probably something you can reasonably easily find a part time dev to tie together and not have to worry about again for a while.

On 8/10/2015 8:07 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
When you find one, let me know. I have always hated most of my ERP programs. I currently use JobShop and it is a very complex PITA. I tried the MRP that is built into Quick Books for a time years ago, it was lacking features. I used to use EZMRP and liked it but they sold to a company that started dinging me for huge annual fees for maint. It did work well with crystal reports though. I think that was called alliance.
Be nice if there was a mini SAP or something affordable out there.
*From:* Forrest Christian (List Account) <mailto:li...@packetflux.com>
*Sent:* Monday, August 10, 2015 3:19 AM
*To:* af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] Somewhat OT: CRM tools
Hoping someone knows something about CRM tools:

It's time for PacketFlux to change it's CRM/ticketing/etc system. The catalyst tonight was me finding (yet again) a ticket which the @(#$* ticketing system didn't bring to the active list which a customer has been begging for help on for a while. It was setting there in the 'customer pending' pile, way down on the list, even though the customer has been responding to it forever. I guess that's better than the previous system which would lose emails/responses altogether - but only marginally.

I really would like something which was well-integrated and handles things like RMA tracking and the like. I'm thinking of something like ZenDesk, which looks really good, but seems weak in RMAs and similar. I'd love to find an integrated CRM+ERP+ecommerce system which is easy to use, but I about fainted when I saw the price for netsuite for instance.

Any place I should look?

--
*Forrest Christian* /CEO//, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc./
forre...@imach.com <mailto:forre...@imach.com> | http://www.packetflux.com <http://www.packetflux.com/> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian> <http://facebook.com/packetflux> <http://twitter.com/@packetflux>