>>>The issue I am arguing will have to do with whether or not SIP/VOIP via ATA
>>>is equivalent to PSTN POTS and therefore should be eligible for USF support
>>>in the rural areas. This has to do with making the CAF funding portable to
>>>WISPS. I think that all WISPS should be able to get USF if they are
>>>providing the service.

That should be an easy argument to make....

All of the States recognize VOIP to be same as POTS lines for purpose of
communication taxes..
So does the FCC when it comes to reporting and taxes..
So why is CAF Funding carving out an exclusion...

Most of the States and other dept take the test of reasonable approach... if it
walks like a duck, quack's like a duck then it is a duck, so what it is pink in
color !

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom