Wow, temperature spec -40 to +85. But those 'lytics are right up against the heatsinks, not sure that's optimal.

-----Original Message----- From: Tim Reichhart
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:36 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquity radios on 12 V

You can use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/171151993597 I am using these for my battery back up.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Date: 08/18/15 05:10 PM

You gotta think in watts.  Solar panels cost about 75 cents per watt.
Batteries cost about 20-35 cents per watt hour.  Volts don't really matter
until you go pick a charge controller etc.

So, you are talking about two radios, right?  Perhaps 10 watts each max?
20 watts total load?

2 weeks of autonomy is what I recommend, so 20 x 24 x 14 = 6720 watt hours
of storage.
$1300 for the battery.  20x times the load for the panel.  400 watts of
panel.  That will cost you about $300.  So, perhaps $1600 for the works
(charge controller will be maybe $100).

Depends if you can get to the site in winter. How much snow you have. How many overcast days you have etc etc. You could cut back on the battery and
install a remote start generator.

And I have probably wildly overestimated to load too.

-----Original Message----- From: Craig House