I did the same. Replaced several RF armor shielded sectors with the new AC ones
and had much better performance. I still think there is a place for RF armor
though. They are only 60 degree sectors so I'd have to use twice as many radios
killing what, if any spectrum there is left. I use RF armor on all of my rocket
dishes and many of my sectors.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield