Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:32 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik Queue Types

Saw in the ePMP knowledge base that they recommend changing queue type
from default to wireless-default.

In one of my mikrotik pppoe servers I look and see default is pfifo
with 50 packets.  Wireless-default is sfq with 5s and 1514bytes.

What would advantages or reason for the change?

I don't user epmp yet but on my PPPoE server I frequently have
complaints from users that have there upstream maxed out by one thing
or another complain about there connection.  I wander if switching to
sfq might help there? Or it might simply max my Mikrotik CPUs out.