I guess they could define some rules, like in a collision the drone must do less damage than a duck. Make the rotors out of polystyrene.

I've been wondering, are they really worse than model airplanes? Those are made of wood, carry nitro methane for fuel, and fly faster than a drone. To my untrained eye, it would seem like model airplanes would be more dangerous to a real plane than a quadrotor drone.

Is it just that quadrotors are easier to fly which opens the airspace to more idiots?

On 10/7/2015 6:37 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Airport exclusion zone would be important. I would like to limit them to 250 feet. If someone is practicing emergency landings in a rural area, 500 feet could ruin their day.
*From:* Sean Heskett <mailto:af...@zirkel.us>
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:27 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] FAA levies $1.9 M civil penalty
As a pilot I really don't want a drone above 500 feet agl in my airspace. There is already a lot going on and it's hard enough to spot a Cessna or even a king air let alone a tiny drone that can do a lot more damage than a bird strike. We need the faa and nasa to define rules and design the necessary equipment to keep the national airspace safe. (Yes I said nasa...national AERONAUTICAL and space administration. They help invent the technology that the faa uses ;)