Try walking to the obelisk...
Holy crap talk about a risk.

From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:54 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Campus Shootings

Last time I was in Paris my wife got impatient trying to find a way over to the
Arc de Triomphe and wanted to just run across the circle. I am all for risky
thrill seeking but not certain death.

For those that haven't been there, it is in the middle of a traffic circle
with 12 large roads going in and out and the road must be 40 or 50 yards wide.
Traffic whirs around that thing like a cyclotron.

My wife is also 5 foot and has the legs of a wobly two year old. We did
eventually find the underground tunnels. I told her "Look at all those people,
there must be 200 hundred of them. I can promise you out of that many at least
20 would still be strewn across the pavement with parts missing. There has to
be a tunnel around here somewhere."

The two nearest were hidden by those annoying street performers. I really don't
like those people. I did get to see a guy on a moped with a bag of groceries
and a cigarette in his mouth cut off a huge truck that I could swear he cleaned
of the front left bumper of as he skittered by.