From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:37 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] B11 copper v fiber

Sometimes I want to go back in a time machine and kill the person who decided
the industry standard Ethernet connector would be a modular plug.  It’s not the
most robust connector.  Especially in an adverse environment.

So I’m not thrilled to see it become a standard power connector.

Kind of how micro-USB because the standard charging connector.

Anderson Powerpoles are nice DC power connectors, I don’t think we’ll see those
on radios any time soon.  The standard seems to be those Phoenix connectors or
whatever is the correct name for them.  Trango and Ceragon use them, I think it
might be the same type as on a SyncInjector.  They seem to have an option for
captive screws to lock them in place.