Someone should design an SFP module where you just shove the raw end of the fiber strand(s) into it.

On 10/24/2015 6:48 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
Well, as an employee of a regulated telco back in that day, I was actually asked my opinion on the design of the USOC (universal service order code) Registered Jack (RJ 11 etc) design. I had no freaking clue as to what I was looking at or how it was going to become part of my life. But in theory, I did have a chance to voice a concern with the design. It appeared much better than the old 4 prong phone jacks.
*From:* Ken Hohhof <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:37 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] B11 copper v fiber
Sometimes I want to go back in a time machine and kill the person who decided the industry standard Ethernet connector would be a modular plug. It’s not the most robust connector. Especially in an adverse environment.
So I’m not thrilled to see it become a standard power connector.
Kind of how micro-USB because the standard charging connector.
Anderson Powerpoles are nice DC power connectors, I don’t think we’ll see those on radios any time soon. The standard seems to be those Phoenix connectors or whatever is the correct name for them. Trango and Ceragon use them, I think it might be the same type as on a SyncInjector. They seem to have an option for captive screws to lock them in place.