Round and round we go...

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 10/29/2015 7:22 PM, George Skorup wrote:
But there was a very good reason for that. + and - twisted on a single pair greatly reduced the sync pulse spike from causing ethernet errors. The 450 went back to the old way and I haven't seen sync-over-power causing ethernet errors on it. Surely things have improved with PHYs now. The PMP100 PHY is noisy and pretty sensitive to all kinds of crap which is why I've only ever done timing port sync on those.

On 10/29/2015 9:08 PM, Jeremy wrote:
Do you think that Cambium was like, "These techy types are so enthusiastic about proprietary formats like Apple and everything, we should follow suit and ignore all of the IEEE standards!??" Or was it "Maybe we can MAKE them buy our CMM!" Either way, I call it a POE failure. Glad that I never deployed 430.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    Yes, it bonds the positive or 4/5 with the positive of 7/8
whichever one that is. It is the split pair powering version. The others don't split the power pair.

    The most universal one is the GigE-XXX-POE.  Unless you need
    split pair powering...

    -----Original Message----- From: Matt
    Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:45 AM

    To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 430APC-HV

    Does the 430APC-HV bond any pairs?  Would it be the more
    universal one?

    On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com>
    wrote:

        Right, it electrically bonds the pairs for powering.  That
        will not work for
        a 430 and a few others.

        -----Original Message----- From: Matt
        Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:10 PM
        To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>

            You want the GigE-APC-HV because it will work with
            everything.

                        but power pairs are electrically bonded (4/5)
                        (1/2) (3/6) (7/8)

        Will that make it not work with something?