From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Kuhnke
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 12:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT 2-way radio systems

Re: your last paragraph, about the DOD, I'm pretty sure P25 is just another
software load on a software defined radio. For military use things like the
SINCGARS radios (Harris) are software defined and only talk to other DOD
radios. I could see them wanting to have the ability to talk to public safety
agencies in a major disaster situation but I do not think the DOD uses P25
natively.