For me it wasn't about difficulty it was about expense. Email, at least how
we did it, was a cost center not a profit center. I kept it until I sold
and wish I would have ditched it much sooner. It was by far the biggest
tech support PITA.

I did learn afterward that the longer someone has an email address the more
they are willing to pay to keep it. I have been raising he fee we charge to
use those old emails. I am now at $250 a year for a single email and I have
people begging me not to cut it off. I am still going to, but I think it is
interesting since I used to give it away.

I guess what I am saying is that if you do not charge a decent amount for
it, why do it? The there is the whole minimum volume to be profitable thing
that comes into play. I just would not keep doing something that doesn't
make money. If it does, more power to you.