From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:04 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Steer customers to ACH (vs CC)?

The only issue I remember with auto bill pay is the customer sometimes doesn't
appreciate the delay inherent to the process.  They would set it up to be
"paid" on the due date and the bank will deduct it from their account on that
day, but we don't get the check for two more weeks so we'd be calling them
about their late payment.

I bet the banks love this arrangement more than anybody.  If they deduct from
the customer's account immediately but don't have to send the funds to the
payee for a few more weeks then they could be holding that cash in their own
interest bearing fund in the meantime.