From: Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:01 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik x86 and ROS 6.x problems on 100M Ethernet links

hmm, since you are not seeing the problem with 1gig connections only 100FDX,
then it is some sort of a Ethernet handshake issue.
While I cannot say that I have tested this between the different versions of 5x
& 6x, I have see Ethernet hand shake issues between different equipment (e.g.
CCR & Dell Switches... etc).

You might want to play with the ethernet duplex port settings on both sides,
i.e. if you are doing a 100FDX on the laptop then do the same 100FDX on the
MT... or try a combination of Auto on one side (laptop) and 100FDX on the MT.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street