I had an Amish guy make my last table.  6’ diameter with a 3’ turntable in the
middle.  Still flat as can be.  That was probably 25 years ago.  Solid oak.

From: Peter Kranz
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:03 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Large slabs of wood

How do you keep something that wide from curling? Attaching some kind of cross
grain stabalizing board?

These slabs are all hardwoods, so I guess they are more resistant to that kind
of thing. They also are kilned and rather thick. I’ve not noticed any
dimensional changes working with African Mahogany or Bubinga in 6/4
thicknesses. I’ve made four full slab desktops out of the stuff now.

I did insert butterflies along defects however.