I agree that they're both guilty of over-hype.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Lewis Bergman" <lewis.berg...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:56:33 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SAD day

The trouble with a valuation as high as Google, and to a lesser extent, Apple,
is that there is a huge "hype" or inflationary affect on the stock price. A
company like Exxon with real balance sheets representing real assets, a huge,
diverse workforce capable of building and creating real things. Things that
would would drastically affect the way the world works, lives, plays and
behaves every minute of the day if they didn't exist.
Those type of companies have been devalued to the point that at certain points
their cap rates sometimes reflect a discount on their balance sheets. I know
when I look at what a Google or apple valuation represents that is what I think
about and what I get from Travis' comments. The fact that there is little
tangible value in what the company owns. Intangible value can easily disappear
as quickly as it appeared. Look at Yahoo.