From: Ben Royer
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 11:14 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] First Force 200 5 GHz!

The pipe? You’d be surprised, they do pretty good in winds, we install those on
a TV tower too.  We use a PD46 HD bracket, with 4’ attached to the tower, and
the remaining 20’ in the air.  We can get 40 to 50 MPH Gusts in storms here,
and have had very few fail.  The only time I’ve had any fail, it’s usually the
brackets twist on the tower, and that’s tornado weather, and extremely rare.
We’ve installed hundreds of these, and maybe had less than a handful need
fixed.  As far as the radio/antenna, those don’t mind the wind much, I’d say an
old Hyperlink 24 Dbi Grid is more wind sensitive than that, or at least a close
comparison.

Thank you,
Ben Royer, Operations Manager
Royell Communications, Inc.