I was thinking about this during my drive to work today, and the towercoverage.com thread just reminded me.

Is there a realistic way to do drive testing for fixed wireless?

I've plotted coverage using a 22' subscriber height, and I can't drive around with a 22' high mast (vehicles and loads have a 13'6" height limit in NY State). So rather than collecting data as I drive --which would be relatively painless-- I'd have to stop, deploy a mast, record coord and reading, un-deploy mast, move to next test point, repeat.

I think I could set a drone to a 22' flight ceiling. I'd still have to drive the drone to different places because it will only work within range of the controller.

Or maybe forget about drive testing.....is there a realistic way to validate your coverage map other than attempting installations and seeing which ones work?

If you're wondering why, I've been asked by some officials "how do you validate this coverage projection?" All I've really got is that we attempt installs and they usually work where they're supposed to.