I don't know about Ohio. New York doesn't have sales tax on any services, except for specific exceptions. There has never been a tax on internet access here....but for example there has always been a tax on VOIP because phone service is one of the specific exceptions.

It's certainly not a kindness. New York gets their money. You pay them more than you pay the feds.

On 2/11/2016 3:35 PM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
I hope that you two realize that the reason you don't have Tax on Internet in your State is because of ITNA, and it is not some other act of kindness by your State's Tax Authority !

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

    *From: *"Adam Moffett" <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
    *To: *af@afmug.com
    *Sent: *Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:21:49 PM
    *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] No State or Local Taxes

    Same in NY.

    On 2/11/2016 3:06 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:

        Ohio residents don't have sales tax on Internet.  We don't care.

        Though I feel like the telco/cableco will probably increase BS
        fees and remove the sales tax to increase revenue.  Customers
        will just be happy to be paying a smaller monthly amount.

        Josh Luthman
        Office: 937-552-2340
        Direct: 937-552-2343

        On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Travis Johnson <t...@ida.net