.... .. .... ..

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:39 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] HAMSs and Internet

It is all radio-to-radio voice, but they link the repeater nodes together
via VoIP, so you can talk to someone on a different node.  Similar to
digital trunking in a 2-way radio system.  I don't believe they link to the
PSTN, or to VoIP phones.

You do know that ham radio has voice now, right?  You don't have to use
Morse code.

Google "IRLP".

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley