I deal with quite a bit of repeater work for Hams. We have a very active DMR
network in Indiana with dozens of repeaters on the network. We have learned the
repeater folks are being told worst case scenarios.  Our first repeater we put
online we were told they needed a 3megx1meg constant connection.  Once it was
online and getting heavily used we are seeing spike of 512k, and this is a
repeater that is very heavily used.

Attached is a usage graph of what is called a Cbridge server.  This is
basically a soft switch for these repeaters.  This particular server has a
couple dozen very active repeaters talking to it. So this is real world
bandwidth usage with a couple dozen DMR repeaters talking to a single source.

Justin Wilson (n2jsw)
j...@mtin.net <mailto:j...@mtin.net>

---
http://www.mtin.net <http://www.mtin.net/> Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>  COO/Chairman