I wish they (everybody) would do something different with cable glands where the SFP slot is. You end up having to replace the cable gland with a conduit fitting and build something to house the breakout. I wonder if they should just put a cap over that SFP port, and then sell an interconnect box as an accessory that can attach to it.

On 3/2/2016 9:56 AM, Andreas Wiatowski wrote:

We have been using fiber for our entire Telrad build….I do wish Cambium would follow suit…..less the ridiculous practice of charging to use a SFP port on the 650 for example. Vendors are a little light on the fiber options…but I’m sure that will change. We are entirely a Mikrotik routed environment….I do wish there was more predictability with the fiber stuff…but it has come along way…and pricing is great. We have close to 50+ CCR’s in the field and 2 CCR1072’s at our 2 Core’s… great value…and the product came out just in time……on to 40G? ;.>

Cheers,

______________________________

Andreas Wiatowski | CEO

Silo Wireless Inc.

Email  andr...@silowireless.com

19 Sage Court

Brantford, Ontario N3R 7T4 (CANADA)

Tel +1.519.449.5656 Extension-600|Fax +1.519.449.5536 |Toll Free +1.866.727.4138

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:47 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik SFP+ 10GB

Make sure you tell that to your wireless vendors.  :-)

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>

And I agree, that every sfp module seems to have a different “personality” in terms of strength. We have seen this in a number of occasions with MM fiber. I have been buying my SFP modules from a company in California called ROBOFIBER… the quality is good, and pricing is not bad. I do use some Maxxwave, Mikrotik and Finisar as well. In fact, I can’t believe how much we have started moving to fiber over the past year…..times have certainly changed!

Cheers,

Andreas Wiatowski | CEO

Silo Wireless Inc.

Email andr...@silowireless.com <mailto:andr...@silowireless.com>