+1 for Chuck, Eltek guy was kind enough to provide this explains it all PDF.

`S

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of ch...@wbmfg.com
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 1:47 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Eltek Rectifier Huh?

You connect the batts and the load and the rectifier all in parallel.  It
should be set for giving you 54-55 VDC out.

If the load, rectifier and batts are all on the same parallel circuit, then
when the power is out, the batts provide the load current.  When the power
comes back on the rectifier powers the load and charges the batts.