That is 100% correct.

BTW, most of the 'hobbyist' modules such as those which connect to a
raspberry pi are neither certified or approved.   You can usually get away
with it with a sim swap but some carriers are really fussy (aka verizon).

But I'm really interested in finding out what you originally asked.... Is
anyone already doing something similar on their network?

-forrest