I have been trying to find an cheap m2m for me to login into my network to
allow me to power cycle the bh or router.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric Kuhnke" <eric.kuh...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Date: 03/08/16 04:16 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Anyone using Ting SIM cards for OOB management?

For example with HSPA+/LTE modems, to have proper OOB into the routers at a
crucial POP.

$6/mo per active SIM card is pretty cheap for M2M data SIMs, though the $/MB
rate is not the best. But for the application I have in mind it would be
console SSH traffic, which is super low bandwidth.

https://ting.com/rates

For LTE they're an MVNO on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Looking at the FAQ they say that the data usage can be limited and monitored on
a per-device basis, which could be useful.