Does Ting do IPv6?

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Eric Kuhnke" <eric.kuh...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:06:32 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Anyone using Ting SIM cards for OOB management?

I'm really hoping to avoid USB if at all possible. The wholly integrated
HSPA+/LTE modems that have a 100BaseTX ethernet interface are quite expensive,
like the basic Opengear model that is $380.

USB could work with a raspberry pi2 if absolutely necessary.

One of the things I can predict, the SIM card + Ting concept will almost
certainly not get a public ipv4 address, it'll be behind some some of cgnat
with no ports forwarded, so the raspberry pi2 needs to initiate and maintain a
persistent SSH connection or similar tunnel (such as a tcp based openvpn tunnel
with unique-per-device static point-to-point keys shared by server and client,
in which the pi2 is the client).