Birth certificates and records have been around a long time, and they are
free the first time you get one. So you're saying if you are irresponsible
and lose it, you shouldn't have to pay to get a new one? What if you were
irresponsible and lost your pilots license...would you have to pay for a
new one of those? The states have gone out of their way to make it as easy
as possible to get a free id for those who are too incompetent or too
indigent to afford them. If a person can't manage that, I'm guessing they
aren't going to take the time to vote. There has to be some level of
responsibility involved on the voter's behalf. I know responsibility is a 4
letter word to most liberals, but it really does benefit the world when you
take it for yourself.