Hey folks.

One of our operations is a small rural cable company . less than 500
subscribers on cable modem to give an idea of size.

The site has lots of bandwidth for its size and the CMTS we replaced about a
year ago with a Cisco 7225VXR.. And the system is currently Docsis 2.0 with
one profile for all customers.

The current provisioning system and billing system are custom built - we
inherited the software system from the previous owners.  It is, to be
polite, very old and not maintained well.

In the market for a new system and hoping to find some feedback from folks
on this list - I know there are some CMTS operators on here.  We have a
hosted product that we are highly considering from a nearby company, but
wondering if any of the WISP solutions have ever been adopted to support
CMTS etc?  We would build a system for this but quite honestly if the price
is right we'll purchase due to resources being tied up on larger projects :)

The new system would ideally do provisioning at a minimum but if it had some
billing integration or a complete billing system that would be a huge bonus.
Our plans are to migrate to Docsis 3.0 and start adding additional speed
packages for customers.  Also, we currently feed many of these customers
voice service from our Metaswitch platform using packetcable to eMTA's on
the cable modem (Arris modems at all customers for CPE).

Any thoughts, experiences etc much appreciated..

Paul