We have them run Malwarebytes and get Symantec Internet Security.  If they do
that, the problem goes away.  If not, we disconnect them until they clean it up.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:10 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] abuse reports on customer IPs

We have a particular customer, We have been getting tons of abuse reports on
their static IP, I assume we will never be able to wash this sullied IP clean.
Theyre not really doing any harm to our network, or impacting others on the
network, they are in full breach of our TOS, thats for sure. suprisingly, its
primarily spam and botnet activity, but no DMCA.

Is there any liability on us as an ISP to not address this affirmatively with
the customer. Im going to contact them, may offer a leased fortigate UTM
option. But if there isnt a resolution, other than their static IP residing on
every blacklist can we get nailed?

Its a good customer, pays their bill on time, worked with us through a service
issue without the usual "gimme discounts and free shit or im going elsewhere" I
dont want to HAVE to disconnect them if im not required to and theyre not
impacting others if they cant or wont resolve the issues