When we started working with US Signal I just filled out the contact form
on their web site and waited a couple days. That got me in touch with a
local sales rep who's been pretty reasonable (we're in a different
territory or I'd send you his info).

Re: other comments, I've found their VES service to be pricy but aside from
that they were able to get us connected to random things in AT&T land where
no one was willing to work with us: Example: "here's a AT&T LOA/CFA. Yes,
one end is in a CO where you have colo. Please just order it." and they
did.
Their pricing on waves between truly on-net buildings (where they own/lease
dark fiber) has been unbeatable. I've tried national aggregators and they
seem to come in with prices a few points higher than I can get directly
from regional transport providers, but this is mostly minimum 1G circuits
at a minimum. Maybe it's different in the 10-100M bracket.