I thought this was funny, just saw it today on one of the Canadian
newspaper websites I check daily...

"how not to monitor your PV charge: Aim a $40 IP webcam at the front panel"

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/05/10/riverdale-couples-grid-resilient-house-takes-on-climate-change.html

I will confess that I have aimed Unifi cameras at things with dial gauges
for fuel level before, but only as a temporary measure.