You can’t have them do the actual scheduling.  Just FIFO reservation list but
in a small operation, if you don’t have a dispatcher or scheduler, you better
let the tech see the list and make their own appointments.   Perhaps last half
hour in each day for the next day or something like that.

From: That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:29 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] outsourced customer service and scheduling

Those of you using an "answering service" How are they with scheduling? our
system, Powercode, for now, does have a decent drive time calculator. We have
specific install/service days and specific infrastructure days. Our custumer
service could fuck up a wet dream to say the least, theyll send a guy 30 miles
south of the office, 40 miles nort, then 30 miles south, regularly. Now I
understand, a service isnt going to call a scheduled customer to bump them, but
do they normally have basic common sense?
Losing our 12 dollar guy is still saving us to have about 10 full crew
contractor days and a full time 24/7 service. Its a hell of a deal, assuming
the contracted phones have common sense. Id personally prefer all scheduling be
done by our tech, the same way it would be with an independents, where he would
call the customer and adjust as needed.

is scheduling an issue with outsourced phones?