  From: That One Guy /sarcasm
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 9:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] outsourced customer service and scheduling

  we are a VERY small outfit folks, under 1k subs. These things SHOULD not be
an issue, the "schedulers" share a last name with ownership, need I say more?
We only allot tuesday and thursday for installs/service calls. Outages get
priority on any day, but for the last many many years, its been very freaking
simple, schedule it on the next available slot on tuesday or thruday to get
that slot alloted, VERIFY contact info and availability and Tech will get to it
sooner if they can.

  Instead, they dont allot the existing slot, they create a ticket, which half
the time doesnt even get turned over to the tech side and say theyll get back
with them, which they wont. Installs and upgrades, apparently, nobody is
available ever on the tuesday/thursday allotment. ever. Which kinds of screws
us on scheduling infrastructure stuff..... kind of important shit.

  Realistically all I want from customer service is, availability of customer
and up to date contact infor, the latter being the most lucrative piece of
property. Nothing pisses me off more than an out of service number for a
customer we already talked to.

  To rephrase, I guess, Is it a fair thing to ask of outsourced call centers to
verify contact info and availability?