I host many domains/websites/email accounts with GoDaddy.... some over 10 years now... never had an outage that I know of. My only issue is with their "basic" domain email hosting, they do SPAM filtering on outgoing mail based on subject... so if you send an email with "Hello" as the subject, it never leaves their servers, and you are never notified they didn't deliver. They have an entire "blacklist" of key subject words, but they wouldn't provide it to me when I asked. Having outgoing email filtered is really lame. They already restrict the total number of SMTP connections per account per day, why do they also need to filter based on keywords?!?!

Travis

On 5/26/2016 1:46 PM, Josh Reynolds wrote:
Goes down a lot.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Paul Stewart <p...@paulstewart.org> wrote:
GoDaddy? Cheap, works … etc

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Lewis Bergman
Sent: May 26, 2016 3:27 PM
To: Animal Farm <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] OT? AWS

Not to get to close to what some of you still do for a living....but I need
a web host and I was thinking AWS. I don't know why I was thinking AWS but I
was. I am setting up a static 6 page site and just need something simple I
can ftp a site up to.

I know Paul i the resident AWS guru but I was wondering if there are
opinions on the best way to go for this. I know how to run a Linux server,
Apache, etc. etc. I just don't want to anymore...sue me.

This is a stupid question but does anyone have an opinion you can back up
with some logical reasoning.