hmm, i will check into that. Pretty sure with ubnt we're using kp performance.
With epmp, i think it is bundled antennas...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken Hohhof
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 3:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PMP450 vs. ePMP

  Jay, I suspect the difference you are seeing may be mainly in the antennas.
2.4 GHz from any vendor should penetrate the same, the radio waves don’t care
what brand radio launched them.  And I think the difference between the
platforms will be most evident in low interference environment where they can
achieve their full modulation and throughput.  With low SNR, I think it’s kind
of like arguing Ferrari vs Porsche for off road racing, neither will be able to
show off its capabilities.  Receiver sensitivity and bits/sec/Hz won’t matter.