From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Colin Stanners
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 4:17 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SwOS FYI

Have you seen any other SFP issues with the RB260GS? I remember Sterling said
that very rarely there were some units that, after fluctuations in the power
source, didn't detect the SFP unless they were rebooted or the SFP was
reinserted.

I'm trying to get an idea of their reliability for use as media converters.
On Jun 3, 2016 4:31 PM, "Jason McKemie"
<j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com<mailto:j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>>
wrote:
I received a new batch of RB260GS units and after a lot of troubleshooting at
an install that showed the local SFP interface as being up, but the remote as
down I noticed that they were loaded with the 1.15 firmware. After downgrading
to 1.13 the link came right up. The change log shows SwOS 1.16 having a fix for
the SFP port getting disabled in certain situations, but mine showed as up, so
I'm not sure that is the problem I'm seeing. I didn't have 1.16 on my laptop to
test.