Oh, sorry, thought you were talking about the old UBNT part that was 100Mbps only. I guess they never made that one public, or it died a short death. I still have a coupleā¦
Also I was wrong on the FTC device I guess, it does GigE too. I still wish Mikrotik/Routerboard would make the FTC larger with a splice case and conduit opening to secure the conduit feeding the drop fiber. Also it would be nice with two Ethernet ports and management, at least SWOS, better ROS. I also wish they would make an 8 - 16 port model of the same with SFP+ port. From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Josh Reynolds Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 6:22 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SwOS FYI Huh? Er x SFP is gig. Fiber-POE is gig. On Jun 3, 2016 5:36 PM, "Sterling Jacobson" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: Not for 1000Mbps. -----Original Message----- From: Af [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>] On Behalf Of Josh Reynolds Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 4:33 PM To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SwOS FYI If you just need a media converter, either a Ubiquiti Fiber-POE (minus the POE part), or MikroTik media converter would probably be fine. In addition to the 260GS, the EdgeRouter X SFP can also have all ports put in switch mode, and seems to work fine with generics and juniper coded SFP modules. On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Colin Stanners <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote: > Have you seen any other SFP issues with the RB260GS? I remember > Sterling said that very rarely there were some units that, after > fluctuations in the power source, didn't detect the SFP unless they > were rebooted or the SFP was reinserted. > > I'm trying to get an idea of their reliability for use as media converters. > > On Jun 3, 2016 4:31 PM, "Jason McKemie" > <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> > wrote: > > I received a new batch of RB260GS units and after a lot of > troubleshooting at an install that showed the local SFP interface as > being up, but the remote as down I noticed that they were loaded with > the 1.15 firmware. After downgrading to 1.13 the link came right up. > The change log shows SwOS 1.16 having a fix for the SFP port getting > disabled in certain situations, but mine showed as up, so I'm not sure > that is the problem I'm seeing. I didn't have 1.16 on my laptop to test.
