With signal levels that hot,  seams like it wouldn’t be too difficult to find
the source walking around with a yagi and ubnt or canopy SM.

From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> on behalf of George Skorup <geo...@cbcast.com>
Date: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:43 PM
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] UBNT 900 channels

Yep, I know. Could be anything. This signal is very hot though. We've seen baby
monitors and cordless phones go bad and start spewing all kinds of crap over
the years.

And remember, Canopy 900 FSK is listening on an 8MHz wide channel. That's why
it looks so bad. And like I said, it's obviously overload the receiver.
Whatever it is, it's more than 36dBm EIRP. And there *are* licensed users in
the 902-928 band, besides even amateurs.

There's public water meters in town, but it's not usually very chatty. They're
still on the sleepy meters where they drive around and wake them up to read
them. And that's on a fixed channel at 915.5.

There's also Commonwealth Edison rolling out smart meters. They're installing
them now. All FHSS. No repeaters up yet. Mesh is not activated yet. Next year
they say.

Did I mention that I hate 900? Only gonna get worse.