How about audio.  The difference between listening to music over a telephone vs
a high end audio system.

From: Jaime Solorza
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 2:51 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Imagination of my 8 yr old engineer to be

She asked if I could show her what the radio signal coming out a smartphone
versus an old cellphone looked like... I asked her why she thought the signals
were different... "Well grandpa, smart phones play videos and Internet stuff,
so the signals are fatter... Like bigger pipes for more water..."...wow...i
showed her what RF signals look like on spectrum analyzers but told her that is
only a measurement system....i am looking for some visual representations...any
ideas your brainier guys than me?