Unfortunately it's like 500 billion for search and 50 billion for youtube and 5 billion for android... Still billions are great numbers but you have to consider that Google spends money like it's rain...

On 08/12/2016 12:33 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:
Didn't the previous email say there were only 3 money makers?
Android, search engine, and Youtube?
$555 billion isn't bad for three money makers. LOL

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Josh Reynolds <mailto:j...@kyneticwifi.com>
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:30 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Google fiber going microwave?

    http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/10/investing/google-alphabet-all-time-high/

    "Shares of Google parent company Alphabet (GOOGL, Tech30) hit an
    all-time high Tuesday of more than $813 a share. The company is now
    worth $555 billion."

    "The company is still growing at a rate that would make most companies
    envious. Analysts are forecasting that profits will increase more than
    15% this year and that sales will be up 20%.

    That's truly remarkable when you consider just how colossal Google is.
    Sales are expected to top $88.5 billion this year and exceed $100
    billion in 2017."

    So, that may take awhile there Robert.

    On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Robert Andrews
    <i...@avantwireless.com <mailto:i...@avantwireless.com>> wrote:
     > Sorry to sound like not a google fanboy but it's a typical phd
    company..
     > They look at the paper pile before the experience pile...  & yes
    they will
     > eventually go down because of it...
     >
     > On 08/11/2016 03:24 PM, Brian Webster wrote:
     >>
     >> Having been directly involved in the Google Fiber projects, I
    can tell you
     >> there are a number of factors that caused them to take pause on the
     >> deployments. One was the almost obstructionist attitude of pole
    owners (read
     >> competitors to their broadband deployment). This forced a lot
    more of the
     >> project deigns to underground deployment. In cities like San
    Jose and San
     >> Francisco, there were a lot of requirements that cost more money
    than Google
     >> budgeted for. In some respects Google kind of had the idea that
    cities would
     >> remove obstacles like that to get them in their city. With so
    much existing
     >> broadband already in place, this is certainly not the case. I
    think Google
     >> thought all cities were going to have the attitude like they had
    with the
     >> first cities who applied for Google to come to their cities
    (Like Kansas
     >> City did).
     >>
     >> Google was also of the impression that they could design and
    permit their
     >> networks and then cherry pick neighborhoods to deploy based on
    pre-sign ups
     >> (in Google terms - fiberhoods). This creates a huge logistic
    problem in
     >> planning construction especially with underground deployment.
    This also
     >> drove up costs.
     >>
     >> Google is still investigating the wireless options. What you
    will see from
     >> them should be a hybrid network system. They will buy up dark fiber,
     >> capacity on lit fiber, conduit space and whole fiber systems
    where they can.
     >> They may use microwave to cross connect systems or bridge high
    construction
     >> cost areas such as railroad crossings. They are looking at
    wireless to
     >> basically go more from the curb to the customer, especially in
    MDU cases.

    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/google-fiber-del