Do you have MacFF enabled? This snoops the DHCP transaction and keeps MAC to IP
mapping in a table (for anti-spoofing). Maybe something isn't right in the
(presumably) E7 and MacFF isn't functioning quite right? Might try disabling
MacFF temporarily to see if any better or maybe disabling DHCP snooping or
Option 82 also temporarily.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:12 PM -0600, "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

I have not dug into the entrails of DHCP since NAT was added to Canopy, so long
time ago.  I have Calix ONTs that are going away when their DHCP reservations
expire.  They normally get them from DHCPatriot.  People lose service, they
call, we reset the ONT and service comes back.
Started a couple of days ago, no network changes to speak of.  But about 30%
are having the problem.
There is no way the DHCPatriot could be causing this is there?  Once it hands
out an IP and a reservation time, it is out of the loop, right?
I suggest setting up an ONT with a reservation time of 1 hour then wireshark
the DHCPatriot to see of the ONT ever comes knocking, or if it does, what is
going on between those two.
Any other troubleshooting ideas out there?  Going to bed, hopefully there will
be a bunch of brilliant posts in the morning leading us directly to the bad
actor.