We have very recently started getting a whole bunch of support queries
which are from customers maintaining a gigabit link on a 450i.   The link
seems to come up at gig, then some time later drops back to 100Mb/s.

So far, we haven't nailed down a cause.   Some seem to be related to the
sync pulse, others are completely unaffected by this.  Some seem to be
related to the addition of a surge suppressor to the link (even a good
quality one), some not.  I'm even aware of quite a few cases where
replacement of our gear with a stock cambium injector doesn't fix the
problem - so I'm pretty comfortable in feeling that something other than
our power injection equipment is the root cause.

The commonality of most of these are longer cable runs.  All of the normal
things have been tried (swapping cables, reterminating ends, validating
cables, etc.).   I also suspect that these are newer 450i's.  (I'm not sure
if we've seen this on a 450 or not).

So, what I'm hoping for from the list is to determine if this problem is
widespread, and if there seems to be any relation to how old the 450i is,
or a firmware version update, or something else so I can help fix this for
my customers.   Any information would be helpful.

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>