I remember a thread the other day where someone asked why you would ever use a
Syncbox instead of sync over power.  Maybe there’s your answer.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of George Skorup
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 3:01 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 450i Problems maintaining gigabit.

It happens on the regular 450 AP too. 1000Base-T does not work at all with
GigE-APC-HV's in line. It is 100% the sync pulse causing the SS to clamp.

I won't speak for Chuck, but he sent me some stuff to test and it works. This
was a yet unused 5GHz 450 AP at a site with ~220 feet of Shireen DC-1021. No SS
on top. GigE PowerInjector+Sync fed with regulated 24v.

I have GigE-APCs on tons of POE and non-POE gigabit links *without a sync
pulse* and they work perfectly fine. It would not surprise me if other brands
of suppressors are doing the same thing because of the sync pulse. Maybe it
takes the right conditions like temperature, power draw, etc. It's just
immediately obvious with the GigE-APCs because they are moar betterer.