Not to be nit-picky, but isn't the Parthenon in Greece? Do you mean the
Pantheon? The big round domed building? I haven't been myself, but just
remembering from my classical studies.



On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Lewis Bergman <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I have been a few times over the past. If I had 10 days I would just do a
> search for the top ten sites to visit and that is honestly all the help you
> need. When you get there you can get a tour of whatever you are standing in
> front of ( like the Colosseum ) from a guy who speaks English. The one we
> did was worth the extra $15 a pop or whatever it was. I had already been
> there twice so I didn't learn that much but the rest had a good time. The
> dorks card said Gladitorial Weaponologist. I had a good dbag laugh over
> that. We did do a followup tour of the catacombs which was worth the time
> and money. Those are usually locked.
>
> At any rate, most of what you want to see is all free, public, and have
> English translations on all the placards. To each his own. But I will say
> get ready for the Catholic church to ruin everything. They blare "This is a
> worship place" through loud speakers at the Parthenon that they totally
> fucked over.
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:55 PM Eric Kuhnke <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Spent a week in italy in 2009, if you want to be herded around like sheep
>> with a bunch of 70 year olds then by all means you should join an
>> english-speaking guided tour group...   I didn't see any organized tour
>> groups that weren't 90%+ elderly. Would recommend setting your own
>> itinerary.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Travis Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> We are considering a trip to Italy this next summer. We would prefer
>>> some type of tour/travel group or company to help with the trip. What have
>>> people used and been happy with?
>>>
>>> Travis
>>>
>>>
>>

Reply via email to