I used to spend a good part of my day on steps driven into wooden telephone
poles.
I tried it when I first got hired with normal work boots, it killed me.
Steel shanks made it possible to continue to work there.

From: Josh Reynolds
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 11:33 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Boots for climbing

Exactly

On Oct 7, 2016 11:37 AM, "Joe Novak" <jno...@lrcomm.com> wrote:

  I always liked the steel shank myself. It made it more comfortable standing
on ladders and towers for longer periods of time.

  On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

    I believe steel toe is an OSHA requirement.

    Josh Luthman
    Office: 937-552-2340
    Direct: 937-552-2343