> Great if I am a provider of services, and then I can come into your area,
> compete with you wireless system, using guvmnt provided fiber...
  What's stopping the WISP from using the same government fiber to provide
service?
  They've already got the advantage as they are established and have the
customers.

> But yes, they compete with private facility owners.
  I'm sorry, could you be more specific? I don't know of a single market with
an privately owned open access last mile dark fiber network.

> Unfairly so.
  Is it unfair that they charge too little, too much or something else entirely?

> They must be able to pull their own weight or it is a double crime.
  Sorry, lost me there. Do you mean the public network must be profitable or do
you mean something else?

> I remember back in the 1960s, my dad getting "soil bank" payments for not
> farming some of his fields.  I think that muni and govt fiber systems should
> do the same thing for the WISPS they are  hurting...
  Why?

  We don't pay buggy-and-whip tax on our cars either.

Jared