At the root is that you somehow believe government involvement is always
good. History doesn't back you up, especially where broadband is concerned.

Government, most any government, does a pretty poor job if what it should
be doing much less tasks it has no business doing.

You sound like someone who makes a living directly benefiting from tax
dollars. Or even worse, done quasi governmental agency with the tax or
secured money benefits but no accountability.