Consumer grade UPS == time bomb.
Usually power is off when the battery circuit is open. So eventually the battery will die and you'll be down. You can change the battery on a regular schedule, but you're down every time you change it. Just sayin there's a reason it's the cheap option.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Eric Kuhnke" <eric.kuh...@gmail.com>
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 11/22/2016 5:56:21 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Wall Mount UPS

Cheap: You could use steel strapping material to attach an APC 450 (or 550/650) consumer grade UPS, the ones that look like very fat power strips.

Better: Assuming we're talking about a plywood backboard type environment, put one of these or similar on the wall:

https://www.amazon.com/Startech-19-Inch-Vertical-Mountable-Server/dp/B001YI12A4

Hang a 2U rackmount 1000VA to 1500VA sized UPS with battery tray (APC or Tripplite), the kind that use 4 x 12V 9Ah AGM batteries.

APC SUA1500RM2U or similar.