Latency. No collisions between AP and CPE. AP never has to wait for
transmission. CPEs have to be coordinated. Frequency reuse works as it is
heavily done with FDD-LTE.

Von: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] Im Auftrag von castarritt .
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016 16:36
An: af@afmug.com
Betreff: Re: [AFMUG] 450m , No News is Good News?

Why would you want to run FDD for PTMP?  Wouldn't that prevent using sync for
frequency re-use?

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Stefan Englhardt <s...@genias.net
<mailto:s...@genias.net> > wrote:

If the announced stuff happens (I am not sure with this as UBNT failed to
deliver all promises as does several other manufacterers in the present and
past) it will be different than 450m.

What is most interesting to me that they claim it to work TDD or FDD. Then it
will be the first affordable FDD PTMP Platform. This is nothing 450 can do. If
Ubnt will do massive mimo is questionable. They talked „advanced mimo patterns“
but who knows.

I have learned to see and use what is buyable. Vendor promises are „might
happen“. Seen this with cambium, mikrotik, ubnt, mimosa, mercurynets, …